Wednesday, June 4, 2008

June 4th-Web Quests

Web Quests by Dr. Christie was an excellent article describing the backbone of the web quest. I have never created a web quest before, and have only briefly seen one used in action. I also enjoyed the article by Bernie Dodge on Web Quests. My teaching philosophy consists mainly of constructivist and cooperative learning, so I am very excited to dive into this next assignment, now that I feel a little more comfortable with the challenge. Bernie Dodge's website was astounding! I looked at the inventory of already made web quests created by educators! How was I never aware of this resource prior to this class? This website is definitely going on my website for teachers! From what I gained from the reading, students are basically working in cooperative groups where discussion, debates, disagreements, frustration, problem solving, and resolutions are made...sounds like a college group! These are all important life skills necessary for the real world outside of education. I can not wait to see how my students will interact with each other with the future lessons that I bring to their attention this upcoming year (I might also send some to my prior students as summer work if they get bored!)

1 comment:

pam said...

It is a meaningful activity for the students to work together on a webquest. Bernie Dodge has a wealth of information for teachers on webquest and it will be a great addition to your teacher's resource list.